Pages

Saturday, April 09, 2011

changes

So I am currently clearing out my scrap room to make it into a nursery. I am a hoarder of things, so at times it is overwhelming. I am also not known for organizing. I really just don't have the knack. I always exist in a form of messy chaos that makes sense to me and no one else. I can find things, but others would be confused at my labeling system, since there is no logic to it.

Anyway, I started putting things in baskets, but I kinda have a lot and no scrap room, so I may have to let go of some things. Tear! Things that I am not ready to let go of I have been putting in big bins and shoving into the garage, until I can figure out what to do with it. I may be able to find other spots in my house for things. I thought about my bedroom closet or the laundry room. Of course there is tons of junk in both places already. It really comes down to Sam and I have a ridiculous amount of stuff. We are both hoarders. I am also not a fast cleaner. I always find something that triggers a memory and then I sit and think about it and usually decide to save it in a random drawer I 'll forget about later. Yea, you can imagine packing and moving go awesomely with us.

All those organizing shows say you should set timers, so it does not feel overwhelming when doing the cleaning. They also say you should lay out different sections to categorize your stuff. On TV the sections usually are categories like: sell, giveaway, and keep. I may try some of these techniques and see how it goes.

What I decide to give away I am going to give to the YWCA. Mom said they are going to do a scrapbooking class with the teens. They did it once a while back and they loved it. Even guys came. So at least I know folks will appreciate my stuff.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I have some scrapbooking stuff to give to the YWCA. I feel better about parting with stuff when I know that someone else can use it.

Hang in there! It will be worth the time and effort!

Anonymous said...

I am currently in a similar situation. Boxes of shizz in the closet.