Pages

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Oaxaca



So the family just got back from Oaxaca, Mexico. It was awesome! The whole family went: Mom, Dad, Steve, Von, Neal, Aunt Neat, Grandma, Uncle Robert, Aunt Debbie, Sam and I.
Oaxaca was beautiful the climate was temperate, so not too hot or cold. It rained some, but it was more like showers.
We saw ruins and we got to go to different villages. Each village had its own craft that the whole done more or less was skilled in. The techniques have been handed down through generations. Each place was new and intersting and beautiful. It just made me think what am I creating in my life? How can I see my world more creatively?
The place we stayed was Villa Maria. Maria was awesome and helpful and everyone there was so nice. In fact, everyone in Oaxaca is nice and happy it just gave me a good vibe.
Oaxaca is made up of different indigenous groups each with there own cultures and ways of living. I loved learning about Mitla and Monte Alban and the socities that once lived there.
I pretty much immediately fell in love with Oaxaca City and I know I will be back.
More picture at lifewiththeslocums.shutterfly.com

No comments: