Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

new plan

So Sam and I have decided not to adopt from Ethiopia. The travel rules have changed and Sam can not get enough time off to travel and be home (while earning income.) So we are looking at domestic adoption. In the begining, I think we were afraid of this choice, thinking it would be too complicated and worried about birthparents changing thier minds, etc. I think as we read more we realized that open adoption is a good thing and that we can move forward even if folks should change thier mind. I realize knowing your birthfamily could be a positive thing as far as idenity development. I guess Sam and I are just more open now. Seeing a friend's adoption and how sucessful it was is also encouraging to us. So we are now on a new journey to adopt from this program through Gladney:

http://adoptionsbygladney.com/html/abc/index.php

No comments: