Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

China is a 4 year wait

So Sam and I attended a webinar on adoption from China what we found is that the wait is 4 years...so we are beginning to re-think things. I kinda had my heart set on China, so it has been hard for me to turn this corner, Maybe it is for the best. Not even sure I want to pass on China, but the idea of 4 years seems so long. Of course if I have to wait 2 and a half years for Africa is two more years for China that big a deal? (1 year to save $ 1 and a half to get kid) I will be 41 with my first (probably only child) if I go with China and 37 if I don't. Does that matter? These are all questions I need to think on. Sam is all for going to Ethiopia or really anywhere. He is kinda thinking China is ridiculous now with all their rules. He did point out that things are ever changing with countries and who knows what could happen by July or in a years time. I am pretty luck that Sam is flexible because a lot of men are not. Still not really sure where I am going or what I am doing. I kinda always thought I would go with China and had never looked at other places until now.

No comments: